2007年3月9日金曜日

A brush with authority [police, parent...]

When I was young, I sometimes fought with my parents. I mean, I was scolded by them. I couldn't talk back to them very much. It made me irritated and I always took it out on things. Even crying in front of them was mortifying for me. I always put up with that and cried in secret. I also thought that I didn't do wrong at all. I sometimes asked to myself why they were so mad. Though I never asked them that, I sometimes took an attitude like "whatever...". Of cause, I knew that it made them be mad more. But it was the only resistance that I could do at that time. And my resistance were always in vain, as they started to scold me more as expected. At the same time, I always thought that I wanted to be an adult instantly, I knew that it was impossible though. I used to think that adults always take children's free and I can be free when I become an adult. I know that it is not true now but I believed that seriously at that time.
A clash between adults and children is very difficult problem. Adults scold children for upbringing and, children dislike that and think that they want to do whatever they want to do. We can't say which is right sweepingly. For adults they have their own opinions and for children they also have their own opinions. I think when we are children, it might be difficult to understand adults' opinions. Actually I, myself, couldn't understand adults' say and feeling when I was young. Now I feel as if I have became to understand that little by little. Though I won't say that all of what I was said by adults is right, I can say that some of those were right.
When we have an argument with somebody, it might be very difficult to listen to what the person we are fighting with is saying. I think that we usually think our opinion is right and end up putting forward a counterargument. Indeed, that might be true. It, however, won't help our argument solve. We sometimes need to listen to and accept what he/she is saying. I'm sure that it helps the relation between us and him/her become better.

0 件のコメント: