2007年5月8日火曜日

My favorite event in Japan

We have a lot of events in Japan. My favorite event is the Festival of the Vega and Altair on July seventh. It is not the national holiday. Originally, it was a Chinese event and introduced into Japan in the Nara era.
There is a legend in China. In ancient China, there were the emperors of Gods and the Lord of Heaven. A Lord of Heaven has a daughter named "Orihime". She was making cloth which decorate clothes for Gods and houses very hard from morning till night everyday. Her father looked for her groom. He found a guy named "Hikoboshi". He was a very hard worker and taking care of cows on the shore of the Milky Way from morning till night. Orihime and Hikoboshi fell in love together. And they had forgotten their jobs and were doing nothing but play together everyday. Her father gave them a warning to work. However, they did not have no mind to work and after a while the Gods' clothes were worn to tatters and cows became dying. Her father got angry so much and had divided the Milky Way into the west and east. Because she could not meet him, she spent in tears everyday. Her father said to her,"if you work hard, I can allow you to meet together only once a year." Both of them worked hard everyday. And then, on July seventh, a magpie appeared and built a bridge over the Milky Way. Finally, they two could meet together. Since then, they can meet together only once a year on July seventh.
We can see the Milky Way in the sky on July seventh. Actually, the Milky Way is the crowd of stars and the day which we can see the Milky Way is not only July seventh. But I do not care about the truth. I like this romantic story. In Japan, people write their wishes on a strip of paper called "tanzaku" and bind them on bamboo grass. The number of people who do that is decreasing, I think. But when I was in Japan, I liked to write my wish on tanzaku and bind it to tree or something. I did not care about bamboo. If it is rainy or cloudy and we can not see the Milky Way on July seventh, I feel sad a little bit.

0 件のコメント: