2007年5月1日火曜日

Manma mia

I love musicals. I like performing musicals, and also watching them. My favorite musical in musicals I have ever seen is "Mamma Mia". I watched this show in Las Vegas. This musical used with hit songs for ABBA. They are pop group which were active from 1973 to 1982. It was wonderful. I was very impressed and somehow I cried at the end.
The story is set in a small island on the Aegean. The leading character, Sophie is just twenty years old. Her mother, Donna runs a small hotel. Sophi is going to marry soon. Her only concern is that because she was brought up by just her mother, she can not walk with her father at her wedding ceremony. One day, she read her mother's diary in secret and found out about her mother's old boy friends, Sam, Bill and Harry. And she got to know that her father is one of them. She sent them letters of invitation in secret to her mother.
Her wedding ceremony is drawing near, and Donna invites her old friends to her daughter's wedding. The night before the wedding, they arrived at Donna's hotel. Because they met together after a long interval, they got very excited. On the other hand, three guys who were invited by Sophie in secret also arrived at Donna's hotel. They was under the impression that they got invitations from Donna. Sophie told them that she actually sent letters of invitation and Donna does not know they come to the wedding. Donna met three guys after an interval of twenty one years. She went into a panic and run into her friends. And their story starts.
The reason why I was moved so much might be that I watched it in Las Vegas. Of course, I was impressed by the story. But more than anything else, I was impressed by wonderfulness of the musicals. The songs they sang, the dance and their acting in the musical, everything is great. They sang the songs and danced many times as an encore. I watched some musicals in Los Angeles. They do not call for an encore there. In Los Angeles when they finish their performance, the musical is over. Las Vegas is the world of entertainment. I could get the intention that they wanted to entertain us.
I have many musicals that I have never watched. I want to watch those musicals.

0 件のコメント: